I don't know about you, but 2017 has been the fastest year in my memory. I understand that time remains a constant but my experience of this year has to be one of the quickest I've had. In fact I still remember working on some of the Sunday Experiences for February, and now we're getting ready for Christmas! It's a good time to have a review of 2017 I reckon.
#stronger17 is our year's theme, and it definitely has been a year of us getting stronger as individuals as well as a church.
Here are some highlights from our year:
- Giving 676 community engagement hours to our community! Big thank you to everyone who gave of your time to be a part of our community engagement projects! We didn't quite hit the 1000 hour mark we were aiming for, but we're better placed to hit that target next year.
- Through Red Frogs we are more engaged with Curtin University and their students than ever! We're looking forward to serving our local uni in more creative ways in the new year. Red Frogs also gave us an opportunity to serve the next generation at Leavers.
- Our church has sponsored a total of 29 children through Compassion to date!
- Lift Groups were amazing with an average of 85% of people engaged per term, with a total of 98% of people through the year! Thank you amazing Lift Group leaders and hosts!
- Lift Youth launched at the start of this year, and we've learned lots so we can position ourselves for growth next year.
We put in a lot of behind the scenes work this year, preparing a strong foundation for the next chapter of our church's journey. We've created a leadership pipeline, set up and trained many team leaders and upcoming leaders. #stronger17 is about to finish, and with that we get to look forward to a new year where the theme is #beyondzero.
#beyondzero is about us as individuals and as a church taking steps to go beyond what have become baselines in our lives. I've discovered that rarely do you upgrade all areas of your life ALL at once. Often it is the simply steps that begin to add up that bring about the big changes. In that way we don't often notice the big changes till its taken place. Next year though, we want to be deliberate about those simple steps that we want to take.
Maybe for you next year your personal challenge is to develop a Bible reading habit. Your current baseline is once a week. Go beyond baseline! Read your Bible 3x a week! Get accountability, calendar notifications, whatever it takes to go #beyondzero.
That's why #stronger17 is so important to us. By laying the foundation in our lives, we are able to go #beyondzero. I'm so excited to see where God takes us!