(Image from Bible Project: https://thebibleproject.com/explore/job/)
The Book of Job (pronounced "Jobe") is one of the more difficult books of the Bible to understand. But it gives a very unique view into human suffering, without which our understanding of this topic would not be as complete. It deals with questions such as "where does suffering come from?" and "can we trust that God is loving when I am in the middle of such hardship?"
Through the month of September we will be preaching from the book of Job and we intend to bring out some of its key themes and important ideas.
The topics we intend to cover include:
- What is our most helpful response to our personal suffering?
- How do we help someone who is suffering?
- How can we win while suffering?
- How does suffering shape our perspective?
- Is God powerful, loving, or both?
We hope that you can join us for this insightful series!